THE INFINITYMAX STORY
The InfinityMAX is our take on meeting the future - an electric, modular hybrid bulk carrier allowing us to supply the world with sustainable, zero carbon, efficient, and flexible seaborne transportation of renewable energy and resources.
THE WORLD IN 2050
In 2050, everyday life is largely electrified with billions of people enjoying higher living standards and breathing cleaner air.
- Growth in population and the electrification of transportation, heating and manufacturing keeps energy demand on a high level despite massive improvements in energy efficiency
- Strong public opinion, regulations and economic incentives over the last decades have led to a remarkable growth in renewable energy, chemicals and materials
- Regions with abundant wind and sun resources have moved to become the world’s major suppliers of renewable energy
- Electricity production has been partially decentralized, with more energy produced locally with solar, wind and hydrogen technology
SHIPPING IN 2050
Shipping is playing a crucial role in supplying the world with renewable energy, chemicals, materials and consumables for its never-ending needs.
- Growing need for transportation of energy from areas with abundant renewable supply to areas with large energy demand, carried as hydrogen, methanol, methane and ammonia
- Electrofuels play an important role in hard-to-electrify sectors such as aviation and heavy industries
- Sustainable, edible oils and bulk grain supply the growing population with food
- Sustainably produced chemicals and carbon dioxide from carbon capture facilities around the world support an increasingly decentralized and green manufacturing industry